1 JOURNEY 2 WONDERS MACHU PICCHU & GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
DAY 1 In Lima:
Reception at Lima airport and transfer to hotel.
Overnight in Lima
DAY 2 Lima City Tour (B)
PM Full city tour of modern and colonial Lima, declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1991. Tour in an air conditioned bus with a bilingual guide. The tour includes a visit to the Cathedral, Main Square, San Francisco Convent and its Catacombs, and the residential areas of San Isidro and Miraflores. Return to your hotel. Free evening. Overnight in Lima.
DAY 3 Lima – Cusco (B)
After breakfast, flight to Cusco, reception and transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure to
acclimatize to the altitude. Overnight in Cusco
DAY 4 Cusco City Tour (B)
Afternoon guided visit of the city downtown main attractions and the four ruins nearby. The tour will start at the Cathedral to then continue with the Koricancha or Temple of the Sun, after which we will visit the Sacsayhuaman Fortress overlooking the city of Cuzco, a pre Inca architectural masterpiece; Kenko, a rock sanctuary whose main attraction is the monolithic altar representing a puma, the red Fortress of Puca-Pucara and Tambomachay, a beautiful fountain fed by a spring forming a series of basins. Return to Cusco downtown. Overnight in Cusco
DAY 5 Cusco – Sacred Valley (B, L)
Departure for the Sacred Valley tour, visiting the Archaeological Complex of Pisac Ruins and Market, stopping at the Urubamba Valley for a buffet lunch and continue to Ollantaytambo, Its name comes from the Old Aymara and it means ¨Viewpoint¨ Overnight in Urubamba.
DAY 6 Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B, L)
Transfer to the Train station to catch the train to Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu. Arrival in Aguas Calientes, reception and transfer to the bus station to go up to the Machu Picchu Citadel on a 30 minutes ride. Upon arrival, guided visit of the most spectacular ancient city in the world. This fabulous city contains houses, temples, warehouses, a large central square; all connected by narrow roads and steps that are surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side. After the tour, free time to enjoy this spiritual wonder.
Return to Aguas Calientes for lunch.
Return in the afternoon by train
to Cuzco and transfer to your hotel.
Overnight in Cusco.
Day 7 Cusco – Lima – Guayaquil / Quito (B)
Transfer to Cusco airport to take your flight to Lima and connection to Guayaquil or Quito.
Arrival in Guayaquil or Quito, reception and transfer to hotel.
Overnight in Guayaquil or Quito
Day 8 Guayaquil / Quito – Santa Cruz (B)
Breakfast. Transfer to Guayaquil/Quito airport to take your flight to Baltra airport in Galapagos. Arrive to Baltra Airport. Reception and transfer. Ferry crossing to Santa Cruz Island (10 min-ride). Arrive to Santa Cruz Island. Stop in highlands of Santa Cruz where you will visit a Giant Tortoise Reserve for an easy hike to observe to Giant Tortoises in their natural habitat. Transfer to the hotel and check in. In the afternoon visit to The Charles Darwin Research Station where you’ll learn by first hand, the conservation and research efforts in the Galapagos Islands. See the tortoise hatchlings and breeding programs which are saving several races of tortoises from extinction. Also, the opportunity to see the giant Galapagos tortoises. Overnight in Puerto Ayora.
Day 9 Sailing day tour (B, L)
Breakfast. Transfer to the pier to take boat for a shared daily tour to Seymour, Plazas Island, Isabela or Santa Fe (according availability). In the afternoon transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Puerto Ayora. *All the navigations are based on shared services.
Day 10 Santa Cruz Island / Bay Tour (B)
After breakfast, we´ll take the boat for a visit to Santa Cruz Island´s bay. The tour takes around 3 hours and a half. Starting from the main pier of Puerto Ayora, the boat will take us to “Lobería,” so named for the large seal colony where is snorkeling is possible not far from this amazing mammals. It is a very special place to see a variety of colors of fish. We´ll also visit Punta Estrada, Sharks´Channel, Playa de los Perros, and Grietas. During the visit we may find species like white tip Sharks, sea tortoises, marine iguanas, crabs, pelicans, and some other marine birds. At the end of the excursion, we´ll getting back to the pier. Afternoon at leisure.
Day 11 Galapagos – Guayaquil / Quito
Breakfast and Transfer out Baltra’s airport. Flight black to mainland for connections or visit Ecuador. End of our services.
B: breakfast L: lunch D: dinner
*Programs can depart any day with 2 passengers minimum.
- 2 night accommodation in Lima at selected hotel including breakfast
- 3 night accommodation in Cusco at selected hotel including breakfast
- 1 night accommodation in Sacred Valley at selected hotel including breakfast
- 1 night accommodation in Guayaquil or Quito at selected hotel including breakfast
- 3 night accommodation in Puerto Ayora at selected hotel including breakfast
- All entrance fees in Peru
- Private airport transfers
- Transportation for included excursions
- Excursions as specified in the itinerary in SIC service
- 1 sailing day to Seymour, Plazas, or Santa Fe Islands (according availability) w/box lunch included
- Expedition train tickets to Machu Picchu (Upgrade to Vistadome available for USD 25.00)
- Meals as indicated (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- 24/7 Personal Assistance by our staff
- International and domestic air tickets and associated taxes.
- Meals not specified on the itinerary.
- Galapagos national Park entrance fee (USD 100.00 per person, USD 50 Comunidad Andina or Mercosur nationals)
- Galapagos control transit card $20,00
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, laundry expenses, beverages, etc.
- Insurance against theft, loss, illness and/or accident.
- Tips, baggage porterage and other extras not specified.
*Diving places may change according divers level and availability.
** Sailing day tour may change according availability.